It’s time for an immersive visualization tool spotlight: Toirt Samhlaigh (“Volume Visualization” in Irish Gaelic) is an open source slice-based volume rendering tool designed from the ground up with immersive displays in mind. Built using VRUI (see my previous post), Toirt Samhlaigh works quite nicely on laptops, CAVEs, and low-cost immersive displays. This tool was architected by Patrick O’Leary while at DRI and includes contributions from other researchers at DRI, INL, and Indiana U.
- This week at ISVC | Immersive Visualization on Immersive Visualization Papers at ISVC’2011
- Barry on Toirt Samhlaigh – Volume Visualization
- Toirt Samhlaigh – Volume Visualization | Immersive Visualization on VRUI
- Tweets that mention VRUI | Immersive Visualization -- Topsy.com on VRUI
- Jian Chen on Interested in contributing to a special issue on immersive visualization?